What To Do About Cheaters/Hackers

WaLkAwaY

So I have an idea for a new series but I would like some input and feedback.

Over the past week the PC version of MW3 has been inundated with hackers. I mean serious hackers like aimbots and wall hacks. Now I know when I die from something legit by getting my a** handed to me and although I may be skeptical of how they keep doing it because it seems a little off, I refrain from saying/doing anything until I have hard evidence like video of 30 in a row head shots from hip fire.

So what I have done is I have not only reported these people to STEAM through the use of the player system in community, I have taken screen shots of their STEAM page and have also saved the video footage of them cheating.

Now I am 100% positive of the people I have reported and there is no way that those individuals that I have reported could be mistaken for someone else as I have gone directly from the game into the list of people I had just played with or am playing with usually while still in the game.

What I would like to do is place the still image of their STEAM account and all of the names that they have used and place it into the beginning of the video that shows them cheating/hacking. Do you guys think that would be wrong? Do you think that it borders on or is being too much of a vigilante? I even thought about posting it on the actual STEAM forums.

Currently I am trying to figure out how to place the still image in After Effects but I have not found any good tutorials yet on youtube.

Dantheman221

In any game, you will always find cheaters and hackers. There is no way around it! Kids sitting in their rooms and doing it to get the highest rank and stuff. Currently, I am playing altermw3, which is a free mw3, and they aren't doing anything about hackers and cheaters yet. I just have to wait it out. Still, the important thing is that you dont follow their stupid footsteps and hack along with them. One day, they won't know what hit em' ^^ I actually was soo lucky today! I was playing altermw3, and I was typing with this hacking fag and he was like, "You have cheater on your team too" blah blah blah and, I humiliated him! xD He came from around a corner after I finished typing a message to him, and he tried to knife me and I killed that fag and got the killcam! xD HUMILIATION! Then he called me a hacker because I beat his hack xD Typical hacker behavior! :)

What exactly do you want to do in After Effects? I can do it for you ^^

WaLkAwaY

Well actually a few things. Put a still image into a video so that the video plays and then the still image comes up. And there are quite a few things in my Shmoo thread that I need to learn. While i thank you for the offer I would rather learn to do it for myself so I can get better at Adobe products.

Dantheman221

Well actually a few things. Put a still image into a video so that the video plays and then the still image comes up. And there are quite a few things in my Shmoo thread that I need to learn. While i thank you for the offer I would rather learn to do it for myself so I can get better at Adobe products.
I dont wanna do it for you, I wanna help you do it ^^ Sometimes, I can minimize the time it takes you to create this 10x! Just ask about something specific and I will hint you on the fastest way to get the job done ^^ After Effects is very versatile software. One thing I would love to have are movable masks :) Because, you have to track the scene(if the footage is stable) and parent the mask to the null object. Kinda slows me down...