test

Whisper Quiet Noctua 140mm Cooling Under 15dBa + 670GTX @ 66C Full Load

Printermeow

I was mad enoght to do this and wanted to share that it is perfectly possible to have this machine be a Full Powered gaming machine with Whisper Quiet operation and Very Reasonable Temperatures. It took me a long way to come to this set up, I have wasted about two months adding up things and rebuilding the machine over and over again. I never had a clear idea of what I was doing but further I was going the crazyer it got. Goal was to achieve great temperatures and hear nothing but Hard Drive while playing in a quiet room deep at night. I have very picky hearing and even slightest noise from anywhere can annoy me to extremes. If I knew what I would do in the first place this would of taken me a few days. It came out a bit messy especially on the side of GPU Fan but CPU Fan Side came out perfect.

I am posting this an inspirational material and proof that its perfectly possible.

Temperatures with Ambient Temperature of 22C (No Fans, ACs and Closed Windows)
CPU: 36C Idle GPU: 39 Idle
CPU: 57C Full Load GPU: 66C Full Load

GPU was stressed with Unigine Heaven in Extreme Mode @ 1920x1080 for 6 Hours over night to determine Full Load temperature

SPECIFICATIONS
CPU: Intel Core i5-2500S 2.7GHz (3.7GHz Turbo) (Max TDP 65W) from Apple iMac 27"
GPU: PNY 670GTX with Prolimatech MK-13 Heatsink
STORAGE: Samsung 830 128GB SSD + Toshiba 1TB 2.5 5400RPM 9.5mm
FANS: Dual Noctua NF-P14 FLX 140mm with U.L.N.A. Adapter @ 750RPM + Tiny Stock 40mm Fan on PSU Board
PASTE: IC Diamond

fl0wmastr

i like that you didn't cut into the LED Strip on one side but not sure why you did on the other side. what is the fan going over?
that brown fan is kinda ugly. were there no quiet LED Fans?
User Baldee used a low profile CPU Cooler- Thermalright AXP-100 Muscle edition which when installed gives plenty of room for the air shroud to be cut...and modified to the Cooler but it's a bit expensive at $50 for my taste https://www.amazon.com/Thermalright-AXP-100H-MUSCLE-AXP-100-Muscle/dp/B01N908BQL/ and i think i might opt for the
Cryorig C7 CR-C7A Top Flow CPU Heatsink 47mm SFF Mini ITX - do you think it will work?
https://www.amazon.com/Cryorig-CR-C7A-Flow-Heatsink-47mm/dp/B0177GTV9U/