Who has a new Alienware 15 laptop?

derickstabb

It's pretty small but I bought it for portability AND gaming. It's decent enough to get away with When gaming on a desktop is not available, ie: at the office, while I'm supposed to be working lol.

John

i like it. just annoyed with speaker quality, but that's another thing entirely

Philthy

I have the 15 with the Bose Companion 5 speaker system, and the Alienware Graphics Amplifier with a Titan X 12 Gig with runs to a Samsung UH55JU7100 which is the 55" 4K UHD 3D TV. I absolutely love this machine. I' replace the 1TB Sata drive with a Samsung 850 Pro 512 Gig SSD.

James Stewart

I have the 15 and love it. I use it for work where I have VMWare installed and currently 6 2012 servers running. Which I use as a lab and demo to customers. When I'm not using it for work, I use it with Serato DJ and connect a Pioneer DDJ-SX2 to it.

Artron3030

I have the 15 and love it. I use it for work where I have VMWare installed and currently 6 2012 servers running. Which I use as a lab and demo to customers. When I'm not using it for work, I use it with Serato DJ and connect a Pioneer DDJ-SX2 to it.
Is it good for DJing with? I just got this ANW15-7500SLV and its awesome. I just wasn't sure if it would be good for DJing. I have SSL1 and use technics...

James Stewart

Is it good for DJing with? I just got this ANW15-7500SLV and its awesome. I just wasn't sure if it would be good for DJing. I have SSL1 and use technics...

Since I started using it, I've only had the Serato program hang on me twice. But I think it was the controller that caused the problems, not the laptop. I analyzed 60,000 songs in 7 hours. Some of my DJ friends said that the screen was a little small, but I have no problems viewing the screen. Plus I configured WinAmp application to flash the ambient lights on the back cover to the beat of the music. I use a Toshiba external 3TB hard drive to store my music on and any song I want, it finds it instantly.

Artron3030

Since I started using it, I've only had the Serato program hang on me twice. But I think it was the controller that caused the problems, not the laptop. I analyzed 60,000 songs in 7 hours. Some of my DJ friends said that the screen was a little small, but I have no problems viewing the screen. Plus I configured WinAmp application to flash the ambient lights on the back cover to the beat of the music. I use a Toshiba external 3TB hard drive to store my music on and any song I want, it finds it instantly.
How did you get Winamp to light with the beat? I have Winamp pro.

Bright Ivan

How do you like the 15" screen size?

My previous laptop is also a 15", so it's fine for me.

The only complain that I have at first is the contents on the screen, as my previous one is 1366 X 768, and with this Full HD screen, all the contents are so small.

Zerzes

I just bought alienware 15 and it's quite impressive, regarding the screen i got the 4k version not the best for gaming due to other games cannot handle 4k although i got 980M graphincs card in it but so far 4k screen absolutely great at watching videos.

Vats

I have the 15 with the Bose Companion 5 speaker system, and the Alienware Graphics Amplifier with a Titan X 12 Gig with runs to a Samsung UH55JU7100 which is the 55" 4K UHD 3D TV. I absolutely love this machine. I' replace the 1TB Sata drive with a Samsung 850 Pro 512 Gig SSD.

You are living my dream :cool:

Sameer

Planning to purchase A15 next month with
i7 6700
256 ssd
8GB GTX DDR5
16 gig RAM
sadly enough in India Iam unable to get 4K
I also have M17 R4 .

mdl

Im im the process to purchase it. My spec
i7 6700 980M 4K screen