test

Why can't I get Windows 8?

Aroci

I know a lot of you dislike Win8 but I happen to really like it. My Alienware 18 laptop has Win8 on it and works great with all my games. I'm wanting to buy a desktop now and am looking at the Aurora ALX but they don't offer Win8 on the Aurora. Has anyone heard of when they will start offering Win8 as an option? I refuse to spend $3.5k on a brand new system to get a 7 year old OS. I could buy Win8 after the fact but that's another $120-$200 for something that should come with a new brand-name pc.

Alienwulf

From what I understand and have read Win 8 is having Driver issues and until they get it cleaned up Dell has decided not to offer it for the time being. Kind of the way it is I understand but because your 18 runs fine it may not on other systems and programs. They simply are looking out for the interest of everyone. :cool:

crystal

Windows 8 is a strong departure from its predecessors, focusing more on touch devices than traditional mouse and keyboard inputs. So far, the new user interface has been a flop. Only 10.7% of PC users have Windows 8 or 8.1 installed, according to Net Applications. More telling is that fewer than half of Windows 8 users have installed the 8.1 update.
buy.gif