will a Gigabyte Geforce GTX 1050Ti G1Gaming fit in a X51?

danegeld

Aug 5, 2017
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01MCUYOW...e=df0&creative=395093&creativeASIN=B01MCUYOWK

*edit

This is for the Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1050Ti G1Gaming 4GB installed on a X51 R1. It was a tight squeeze and a bit of a struggle to get it installed but once I did it worked just fine. Please note you should uninstall your old drivers before installing this new card and you might have to switch to IGFX in your bios to get to your desktop to allow Windows 10 to load the new drivers/recognize the hardware....Don’t forget to switch back to Discrete in your bios if you have to do that step when you are finished.

I ran a benchmark with Superposition and it seemed to be ok (see attached photos for results) max temp on high settings was 74C but while the fan hit 1700RPM I never heard it. The temperature on my WD HDD never went above 48C which was a concern because its next to the HDD and this is not the recommended blower type fan. You might want to buy a more affordable version of this card to save 30.00 and that’s fine. Not sure any other 1050ti is going to perform significantly better than this one. If you want the best card it’s the 1060FE (I have personally purchased and installed and use in another X51 R1) or any blower 1060 for the X51 R1 but now you are talking 300.00+ If you have the X51 R2 it’s my understanding that the 1070FE or any blower will work.

The RBG lights on this work, but really can’t be seen when in the X51 because of the cartridge it seats into.

Pro It works is quiet and is affordable

Con not a blower and a bit snug to install (patience required)

I’d buy again.

Last edited:

MURRARI

Aug 30, 2016
I can’t afford a 1060 for this old X51 so I’d like to install this Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1050Ti G1Gaming card. however I can’t get a verified install anywhere. Really would appreciate a definitive answer if it will fit/work. thanks in advance

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01MCUYOW...e=df0&creative=395093&creativeASIN=B01MCUYOWK

Sure it will fit, but you probably won't like the heat it throws off inside your system.

I would recommend something with a blower style cooler or liquid cooling it. Otherwise your case will get very hot inside.

danegeld

Aug 5, 2017
Sure it will fit, but you probably won't like the heat it throws off inside your system.

I would recommend something with a blower style cooler or liquid cooling it. Otherwise your case will get very hot inside.

they do not make any blower style 1050ti models otherwise I would have... I plan to leave the side panel off and I have two 120MM cans underneath the case to push/pull heat out. was worried the card was too deep and wouldn't fit inside that stupid cartridge

MURRARI

Aug 30, 2016
I can’t afford a 1060 for this old X51 so I’d like to install this Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1050Ti G1Gaming card. however I can’t get a verified install anywhere. Really would appreciate a definitive answer if it will fit/work. thanks in advance

they do not make any blower style 1050ti models otherwise I would have... I plan to leave the side panel off and I have two 120MM cans underneath the case to push/pull heat out. was worried the card was too deep and wouldn't fit inside that stupid cartridge

You could always do a custom liquid cool loop. That's what I'm doing.

MURRARI

Aug 30, 2016
I could but this is for a 5 year old X51 and since I cant afford a 1060 how do you expect me to afford a LCS ? But hey man if you are offering a free LCS I'm not to proud to accept.

I've found closed loop liquid cooling systems on eBay for $35 USD. Pretty doable IMO. Just takes a little creativity installing it in the X51.