test

Winamp pluging not working on my m17x r4

I follow the instruccion from the winamp plugin and when i try to get it to start it says no alienfx device not found, has somebody made it work with the r4 version?

Hello. The R3 file should work perfectly for the R4 so you must have missed something. Lets try to sort it out.

Did you use the M17x R3 file from page 9? Make sure you put the AlienFX_Vis file in the right spot as it says in the README file.

http://www.alienowners.com/showthread.php/412-Winamp-AlienFX-Plugin/page9?highlight=winamp

You should be right after that as long as you followed the README info perfectly.

I used the directions from a video,and i cant find the readme file,where can I find that? Anyhow I copied the file to the folder mentioned,now when I press start the alienware fx on winamp all lights turn off but now I can go into the config and it doesent say device not found,any idea?

MattyB

The README file is in the original load of stuff you would have downloaded here

It seems like it is working though now since the lights have gone off. This means that Winamp has taken control of your AlienFX. Read the instructions anyway just in case you missed something.

The hardest part is configuring the light zones. It's all trial and error. Unfortunately I don't have my Alienware with me right now. Read though what I wrote on page 15 of the Winamp thread. It's not the best guide but it may help you a little. I don't have a lot of experience with it. If you do get it started, remember that once you leave Winamp you will need to turn your AlienFX back on manually by selecting Go Dark and then Go Light on the little Alien head at the bottom of your screen.

The README file is in the original load of stuff you would have downloaded here

It seems like it is working though now since the lights have gone off. This means that Winamp has taken control of your AlienFX. Read the instructions anyway just in case you missed something.

The hardest part is configuring the light zones. It's all trial and error. Unfortunately I don't have my Alienware with me right now. Read though what I wrote on page 15 of the Winamp thread. It's not the best guide but it may help you a little. I don't have a lot of experience with it. If you do get it started, remember that once you leave Winamp you will need to turn your AlienFX back on manually by selecting Go Dark and then Go Light on the little Alien head at the bottom of your screen.

It worked , finally , I reinstalled the program and copied the files again and had to play with the configuration a bit and it works , looks awsome , thanks alot for your help

MattyB

Great news!! Glad I could help out.
It's fun to play with to get all the configs perfect. Make sure you open the beat detection and use that to help you. You have to work out which bars are for which frequencies and then you can fine tune it.

Have fun! Feel free to post a video of your light show!

Maelstrom

I bet Matty's done this so many times that he's better at setting up Winamp than me!

MattyB

Hells no!! You're the Winamp boss around here!! I'm just trying to help out where I can. You're the gun programmer!

Hells no!! You're the Winamp boss around here!! I'm just trying to help out where I can. You're the gun programmer!

Haha , only thing i cant work out is that the keyboard isint lighting up,are yu able to send me a cool way of how you configured yours?

MattyB

It's not lighting up at all? Do you have the Left KB, Middle KB, Right KB and numpad in the configuration list? Have you set frequencies for them?
I have it done on my M18x and I'm 2000 miles away from that right now. I can have a look when I get home in a few days. I haven't played around with it in a while though.

BrokeHombre

Got mine working by copying the R3 file - I noticed that the number pad doesnt light up though, any thoughts? Ive gone into the config and made sure the left, right and center keyboards are there as well as the numbpad,,,but it still wont light. I will keep messing with this when time permits. It is a trial and error type of thing after all .. :)

MattyB

Well, if you have the numpad in the config section and you have assigned the frequencies to it, it should be working. Have you put it in with another lighting zone or is it on it's own? If its with other zones and they are working then there is something wrong but if if it's on its own then you may not have it configured properly. Make sure you open up the beat detection thingo and play around with all the settings.

Well, if you have the numpad in the config section and you have assigned the frequencies to it, it should be working. Have you put it in with another lighting zone or is it on it's own? If its with other zones and they are working then there is something wrong but if if it's on its own then you may not have it configured properly. Make sure you open up the beat detection thingo and play around with all the settings.

Actually just the keypad isint lighting up, the rest works fine