windows 10 fresh install

Anozira

AWO Supporter
Hi, I sent my daughter and her kids my R4 and I need help. I removed the hard drive and sent it to them. She had a tech install a new hard drive and a fresh install of windows 10. When he installed windows 10 he could not get the command center to work. When I had it I had windows 7 and later on I received a one time update to windows 10 for free. I never had a problem everything work great. He said he tried a work around but it didn't work. He said the only thing he can do is remove 10 and install 7. Has anybody run into where a fresh 10 install didn't w0rk and is there a fix? What 0ther 0pti0n is there. Thank y0u. by the way the 0 n my keyb0ard just t00k a dump. :(

MattyB

If you haven't tried already, head to the Dell Support page and enter your service tag (found on a sticker on the back of your machine). Under Drivers and Downloads, download the latest version of Command Center that is recommended for your system. Try installing this one. It will say it's for Win7 but it should work for your Win10. I have done this with all my machines that I've upgraded to Win10 and they've all worked.

Cass-Olé

CmndCntr 3.6 is W10 validated & the last version you can use; my R4 W10 is still on 3.5 & either should work. If not then you might find further help at the Dellware forum if u post there (or here) with a better explanation of what exactly about it doesn't work (won't install?, won't launch?, 'no instance of an object'? etc). Make sure your MIO AlienFX board's double-ended USB cable is plugged into mthrbrd & into itself & has 4pin power (MIO orange LED is on when power is on) (I'll be away on vacation so may not be able to help after I post)