test

windows 7 update raped my fps

Xiron

hey

my system automaticly updated the new windows 7 updates and now my fps wont go up 14 while it was 60-100 in bf3/wow high settings,

anybody els experiencing similar prob's ?

MattyB

That sucks. See if the update automatically created a restore point for you and go back to that. Then don't do any more windows updates for a few weeks. Hopefully that could set things right again.

Also, change your update settings so they don't automatically update.

Xiron

ye i tried that first but now my aero visual effects seem to be failing every system boot i try, downloaded latest drivers for my videocards
nothing changed tried beta drivers nothing, so i ran the dell's own alien autopsie program and it said my directx 10 and 11 shadows failed and my onboard videocard failed some effects

MattyB

Rerun your Windows Experience Index too. That can help reset things.

Xiron

found the problem after tracing down what disabled aero visual effects,
it was the "Intel HD graphics 4000" update(March2013) that was not compatable with wddm

i traced down what was req for aero to run and i came to the wddm compatabillity

anyhow i returned the drivers to the last working(dec 2012) and everything is back working now running high fps again on my games

thx for the quick reply's and the help :) apprieciate it alot

Juriaan,

MattyB

Awesome news! I thought it may be the Intel graphics since that's what runs your Aero. It is odd though that it affected your FPS in games. Very odd indeed.