test

Windows 8.1 - The Start Button returns

MattyB

I know! Crazy!

I'm assuming this will be a free upgrade to those already with W8??

Raztax

Honestly, after using Win8 for a couple of months now, I don't even miss the start button. Although I have always used a lot of keyboard shortcuts to navigate Windows anyway.
I'm glad that they are bringing it back though because a lot of people miss it.

SpyderBite

Meh. I can live w/o the Start Menu. I need the desktop for many legacy programs and prefer to pin my apps to the task bar.

Start Button is just appeasing the people who miss something they didn't know they didn't need in the first place. :p

SWAT_Glock

Administrator
Is it out right now, ready to download?

tappin from the Nexus 4

Yeah, the preview is out.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-8/preview-download

Meh. I can live w/o the Start Menu. I need the desktop for many legacy programs and prefer to pin my apps to the task bar.

Start Button is just appeasing the people who miss something they didn't know they didn't need in the first place. :p

I'm OK with no start button, the start button they added is not like the old way. Just a marker to right click on. It's nice.

shankc

When is the 8.1 full release will it just be a windows update. I might try it on my Alienware if they manage to get it right this time. I got it when it was going cheep and put it on my other laptop so I will have to test it before committing to install on my R4