Windows 8 Consumer Preview problems

xI WeLLs Ix

Am I the only one that experiences issues with frame rate with the Consumer Preview? I notice that the clock speeds on my 580M's only go as far as 2D desktop speeds when gaming.

I do have missing drivers which windows can't install or find. I can't put drivermax on to get them either. I will add to this when I have a look to see which drivers are missing.

BTW, I have the latest win8 drivers (296.17).

At least I put it on a partition otherwise I wouldn't be able to play all my games :)

Last edited:

BlackJair

I don't want to "ruin" my laptop with W8, it is designed for touch screen, i tried the Development BETA and that was it. Didn't like it at all.

Maelstrom

Other people have had problems with Win8 and as far as I'm concerned I'm not going to use it unless I get a PC that is designed for it. Otherwise you can forget about risking your computer with a beta OS that can't be removed.

xI WeLLs Ix

I kinda like the new Windows 8 as it uses less RAM and processes and I'm kinda used to the metro UI (I don't use it though!). The issue was the 296.17 drivers (the 295.73 drivers work flawlessly).

The consumer preview is different compared to the developer preview.

It looks great but has some problems, but should be no surprise as you are warned not everything is still compatible
I had to reformat due to a crash down and not restarting so be careful