Windows 8 defender or norton 360

Uk-alien

Feb 7, 2013
Uk
Hi All

My x51 arrives tomorrow (fingers crossed) and I'm not sure if I should save some cash and run windows 8 defender along with the occasional scan using malwarebytes or just get norton 360? Any advise would be appreciated.

AeonSoul

Feb 21, 2012
Italy
I wouldnt put any Symantec product on my machines ever again, but that's just a personal opinion. They are managed so bad it hurts to just see them. On the other hand, I have no idea how Win 8 Defender works.

If you really want a commercial product, I'd suggest you go with ESET, otherwise any free antivirus pretty much does the job nowadays.

WaLkAwaY

Feb 4, 2012
Earth
I was a huge fan of Norton for years. Then it became a resource hog and became a burden. I switched to AVG for a couple of years and then someone suggested to me Norton 360. I was reluctant at first but gave it a go. Turns out that they fixed whatever resource issue it had and not to mention computers have changed a lot since the last time I had used it.

I am very happy with Norton 360 and recommend it to everyone that asks. I never have had any issues with Norton products other than what I stated, then again I do use it like a power user and only use/load/install the things I want or need, which is pretty much the firewall, the anti virus and the utilities.

Hi All

My x51 arrives tomorrow (fingers crossed) and I'm not sure if I should save some cash and run windows 8 defender along with the occasional scan using malwarebytes or just get norton 360? Any advise would be appreciated.

UK can you tell me when you ordered your X51 and did arrive earlier/later than what they told you? Ordered mine last week and trying to gauge how close it will be to their approximate delivery date. Thanks.