test

Windows 8 defender or norton 360

Uk-alien

Hi All

My x51 arrives tomorrow (fingers crossed) and I'm not sure if I should save some cash and run windows 8 defender along with the occasional scan using malwarebytes or just get norton 360? Any advise would be appreciated.

AeonSoul

I wouldnt put any Symantec product on my machines ever again, but that's just a personal opinion. They are managed so bad it hurts to just see them. On the other hand, I have no idea how Win 8 Defender works.

If you really want a commercial product, I'd suggest you go with ESET, otherwise any free antivirus pretty much does the job nowadays.

yikes81

Im not a fan of Symantec. I find it a resource hog, and too heavy.
Im not familiar with Windows 8 Defender.

sway

W8 defender is very good, also avg is the best if you want to get one.

tappin from the Note II

W8 defender is very good, also avg is the best if you want to get one.

tappin from the Note II

i agree with him on this i just run windows defender myself but i may get AVG on here again its a really good anti virus and best of all its FREE can't beat that lol

(oh also i am runing windows 8 pro)

yikes81

I have windows defender as well as AVG on Win7. It works out great for me.
But most of all, common sense when clicking on things around the interweb.

WaLkAwaY

I was a huge fan of Norton for years. Then it became a resource hog and became a burden. I switched to AVG for a couple of years and then someone suggested to me Norton 360. I was reluctant at first but gave it a go. Turns out that they fixed whatever resource issue it had and not to mention computers have changed a lot since the last time I had used it.

I am very happy with Norton 360 and recommend it to everyone that asks. I never have had any issues with Norton products other than what I stated, then again I do use it like a power user and only use/load/install the things I want or need, which is pretty much the firewall, the anti virus and the utilities.

Saintnowhere

Hi All

My x51 arrives tomorrow (fingers crossed) and I'm not sure if I should save some cash and run windows 8 defender along with the occasional scan using malwarebytes or just get norton 360? Any advise would be appreciated.

UK can you tell me when you ordered your X51 and did arrive earlier/later than what they told you? Ordered mine last week and trying to gauge how close it will be to their approximate delivery date. Thanks.

Uk-alien

Saint I ordered the x51 on 5.2 and on the dell order confirmation the estimated delivery date was 25.2, I got it delivered on 13.2.

Thanks everyone for your help I went for windows defender in the end.

Saintnowhere

Saint I ordered the x51 on 5.2 and on the dell order confirmation the estimated delivery date was 25.2, I got it delivered on 13.2.

Thanks everyone for your help I went for windows defender in the end.

Thanks much for the info, sir. BTW, I go with Norton 360 and have never regretted it.