test

Windows 8 finally arrived

so here comes the release of the next Windows OS. Are you going to buy it?
Just purchased Win 8 Pro some time ago (digital copy now downloading it) there was a special discount costed me 1999 INR which is ~40$ being a good deal.

I've been using the preview(s) for more than half of the year, so far good.

you can give it another try, more light and faster.
just finished installing and its cool!
now moving about 50 gigs of steam stuff from windows.old before installing drivers and shit this is gonna take a while

SWAT_Glock

Administrator
Does Win 8 still have a .hosts file in the etc folder? You have to enable viewing for hidden files to see it.

Maelstrom

I'm pretty much going to run Win7 on anything that doesn't have a touchscreen :/

I just don't think it's a good idea to go with an OS that isn't optimized for normal computers...

SWAT_Glock

Administrator
Thanks. I have to add lines to that file to get certain software to work. :)

DDuB420

A friend of mine works at a computer recycling plant in my city. He scored a couple technet subscriptions and got a bunch of Windows 8 pro keys. I bugged the shit out of him and he gave me one for free. Looks slick on the M17xR3 with the right color theme applied. I have it installed on my Windows SSD dual booting with Windows 7. Even the boot selection screen has a metro look to it now...

@Tommy lol
Im always editing that file ;)

yikes81

For that price it's the upgrade right? I hate buying upgrades as if you want to reinstall you have to install the old windows and then upgrade again.

I'm not sure about putting an OS designed for tablets onto a PC. But in saying that, I know someone who has it and he says it's pretty good.

Still ... Win7 is great for me!

Sent via Tapatalk

wilbymilstone

I might buy the upgrade before the end of the year. Not sure if I will install it right away though.

For that price it's the upgrade right? I hate buying upgrades as if you want to reinstall you have to install the old windows and then upgrade again.

I'm not sure about putting an OS designed for tablets onto a PC. But in saying that, I know someone who has it and he says it's pretty good.

Still ... Win7 is great for me!

Sent via Tapatalk

No its the full thing, upgrade was for 15$ (699 INR here which is less than that, think MS is trying to make us, the potential biggest market happy lol)
I think its 40$ in other places as well for a limited time so you can grab it soon if you are really interested

yikes81

I just may have to. I took a look around, and in Sydney it's all upgrade only. :(

I just will have to keep looking.

Sent via Tapatalk

I downloaded the compatibility test, which indicated to me that my R4 motherboard isn't suitable for secure boot and there might be problems after installation of Win8?!
Oh well I guess I'm staying with 7....

yikes81

I downloaded the compatibility test, which indicated to me that my R4 motherboard isn't suitable for secure boot and there might be problems after installation of Win8?!
Oh well I guess I'm staying with 7....

To be honest, I don't think that you are missing out on much.

yikes81

No its the full thing, upgrade was for 15$ (699 INR here which is less than that, think MS is trying to make us, the potential biggest market happy lol)
I think its 40$ in other places as well for a limited time so you can grab it soon if you are really interested

Do you guys still get the full version of windows 8 for $40?? If so think you can buy a couple of copies to be re-sold to us on the forum?? Aust only gets the upgrade so far.

Edit: does this come in English??

Sent via Tapatalk

Do you guys still get the full version of windows 8 for $40?? If so think you can buy a couple of copies to be re-sold to us on the forum?? Aust only gets the upgrade so far.

Edit: does this come in English??

Sent via Tapatalk

It does come in english :p
yep the offer is valid till 31st Jan 2013 which is like full 3 months so there is lot of time to consider and stuff

SWAT_Glock

Administrator
Well, I installed Win 8 Pro today. Did the $40 upgrade. I did a clean install though buy putting Win 8 Pro on a USB flash drive and booting to it.

It's hard getting used to not having the Start button. LOL