Windows 8 or Winblows 8 ?

SlammedLTZ

After reading Vista thread (i think I just threw in my mouth a little) :D I felt the need to start a Windows 8 or should I say Winblows 8?

Who is running the Beta? Does it really have those stupid looking box things for a desktop? Can you get rid of that and run like Win 7? They keep saying its going to work like a Phone or Tablet OS which I think is stupid.

Pleas enlighted me Beta testers!

Eirreann

I've been using the Windows 8 Developers Preview (I guess that's the Beta) and the Metro tiles are not the desktop; they replace the start menu. So when you click the little Windows logo on the lower left of the screen it takes you to the tiles screen, and I personally kind of like it! It's very smooth and cool to play around with! There is an option to turn it off, though, so if it bothers you it isn't mandatory.
But you can definitely tell that it was included with tablets in mind, which I have no problem with! I can't wait to see that OS on a tablet PC!
It may not be as good as Windows 7 is, but it definitely won't be a complete flunk like Windows Vista was.

It may not be as good as Windows 7 is, but it definitely won't be a complete flunk like Windows Vista was.
I have never tried Windows 8 myself. If it is not as good as Win 7, why have they developed and released it? It doesn't seem to be a progress.

Eirreann

I have never tried Windows 8 myself. If it is not as good as Win 7, why have they developed and released it? It doesn't seem to be a progress.

Sorry, let me re-say that:
"It may not be BETTER than Windows 7, but it definitely won't be a complete flunk like Windows Vista was."
I personally would have no issues running with Windows 8, it is pretty easy to get used to and some of the features are quite nice!

Dantheman221

OK, to clear this up, microsoft said, that, you will be able to switch back to the classic windows start menu on PC. All in all, you get xbox games compatibility, face recognition software which detects if your face moves away from the screen (it pauses the game), mostly everything win 7 has and some more goodies :D

WaLkAwaY

OK, to clear this up, microsoft said, that, you will be able to switch back to the classic windows start menu on PC. All in all, you get xbox games compatibility, face recognition software which detects if your face moves away from the screen (it pauses the game), mostly everything win 7 has and some more goodies :D
If what you stated right there means that you will be able to play XboX console games on your PC then that right there is worth the price of W8. Bonus if you get to play against console gamers on PC in those same games.

Dantheman221

Bonus if you get to play against console gamers on PC in those same games.
i think they will limit some options :) Maybe, you'll have to play with an Xbox controller, for it to be fair :) There's a catch though, you have to have an XBOX Gold subscription, i think -__-

Last edited:

deadremix

i think they will limit some options :) Maybe, you'll have to play with an Xbox controller, for it to be fair :) There's a catch though, you have to have an XBOX Gold subscription, i think -__-
the subscription only applies if u play online right?

deadremix

yea lol, i would like to play my xbox games on pc but if i have to subscribe to play noty hahah

Dantheman221

Lets not forget that bing gives you 500 MS Points for just using their search engine 5 days in a row! xD

WaLkAwaY

Lets not forget that bing gives you 500 MS Points for just using their search engine 5 days in a row! xD
Can you give me a link to prove this?

Not that I do not believe you I just know some people that are going to want to be all over this so they can get MS points so they are going to want details.

Dantheman221

You get something called, bing bar. US only. When I was in the us, you get prizes for the amount of points you have. They have different ones including ms points :) i never used my points, though... see here

Eirreann

You get something called, bing bar. US only. When I was in the us, you get prizes for the amount of points you have. They have different ones including ms points :) i never used my points, though... see here
Wow... I never knew that....
Well, if Windows 8 does have compatibility for Xbox games, I'll have to try that Bing thing out!

durbin209

For the Xbox 260 gaming on PC, will you play with other pc gamers or xbox gamers? and will you have to have gold?

Eirreann

For the Xbox 260 gaming on PC, will you play with other pc gamers or xbox gamers? and will you have to have gold?
It's all rumours at the moment but I'm going to guess that when playing an Xbox game, you'd play on Xbox Live with other Xbox players, and thus you'd probably have to pay for gold.... they may also require you to use an Xbox controller. But very little has been said on this subject, so we'll just have to wait and see.

Eirreann

alright, i'm downloading the preview now. 35 minutes to go. blah
So are you going to install it as a dual-boot or through a virtual machine? Unless you're going to overwrite Windows 7, which I do NOT recommend!

durbin209

nah i dont want to do that, so i just deleted the files after it said i needed to get more files xD