test

Windows 8 or Winblows 8 ?

Eirreann

nah i dont want to do that, so i just deleted the files after it said i needed to get more files xD

Don't sweat it, mate! The preview is pretty cool but all-in-all it isn't completely worth the trouble I had to go through to get it to work on a virtual machine, haha! I was too scared to try to set up a dual-boot option.

durbin209

What site did you get it from? i got mine from microsoft i think and it was in an iso file

RoBi1475

I hope so, haha! I'm not paying for gold subscription, personally!
Meh, I think a Gold subscription is way worth it even if you don't take into account having to have it for online play. Hell I don't even play a lot of online games and I use my subscription everyday. A year worth costs the same as one new game. It really is that costly to begin with, but that is just me. :)

Eirreann

Meh, I think a Gold subscription is way worth it even if you don't take into account having to have it for online play. Hell I don't even play a lot of online games and I use my subscription everyday. A year worth costs the same as one new game. It really is that costly to begin with, but that is just me. :)

A likewise meh... I only see use for a gold subscription in Xbox-exclusive games like Halo... everything else is free on good ol' PC!

yikes81

do you think they a port of windows 8 onto the hp touchpad will happen?

F33L

win7 ftw in terms of performance
i still like a lil bit the xp though.. :p for lighter machines

BlackJair

I tried Beta but it seems to be more like... Touch thing, i dont know if it would as good as Windows 7 but, the new logo is horrible.

Apples_mmmmmmmm

win7 ftw in terms of performance
i still like a lil bit the xp though.. :p for lighter machines

I only see performance enhancements in comparison to windows 7. I like windows 9 except for current compatibility issues with programs I use (obviously I can use compatibility mode however), which will most likely see windows 8 versions when the OS is officially released. Until the OS is finalized though, I will be sticking with windows 7.

calric

so far, only heard from one of my friends and he didn't like it; didn't get a chance to talk to him about it, but not planning on upgrading anytime soon so we will see.

BlackJair

I have tested it, i did not like it at all... As i said before, its designed for touch screen, on any non-touch system it would be like 80% perfomance.

Eirreann

I have tested it, i did not like it at all... As i said before, its designed for touch screen, on any non-touch system it would be like 80% perfomance.

Did you turn off the Metro start screen? And did you try the Dev's preview or the official customer's preview?

Win 8 Consumer preview looks neat but don't try it if you game or heavy use your alienware for various purposes as many things are yet compatible
I had to reformat my m14x just because of that.
But if you are a casual user then check it out appears to be great hope it lives up to it