Windows 8 support

Hi all,

I am new to Alienware. I am owning M14X R2 and have Windows 7 Home Premium installed. I have two questions,

1. Can I upgrade Win 7 Home Premium to Windows 8 Pro or Enterprise? Whether the drivers which are currently installed will support the upgrade?

2. In my current setup how can I change the color of LED in Alien Logo on the backside of M14X. I am able to change the color on the keyboard and the alien logo above keyboard using AlienFX.

Thanks,
Aravind

MattyB

You shouldn't have any troubles upgrading to windows 8. There is a Windows Upgrade Assistant program which will confirm that for you if you head to the Microsoft website.

Unfortunately you cannot change the color of the AW head using software. The only way to do it is open up your lid and manually put a different color filter over the white LED inside. That's a lot of work for little gain though.

They have changed this on the new models though.

wondergeek

Hi all,

I am new to Alienware. I am owning M14X R2 and have Windows 7 Home Premium installed. I have two questions,

1. Can I upgrade Win 7 Home Premium to Windows 8 Pro or Enterprise? Whether the drivers which are currently installed will support the upgrade?

2. In my current setup how can I change the color of LED in Alien Logo on the backside of M14X. I am able to change the color on the keyboard and the alien logo above keyboard using AlienFX.

Thanks,
Aravind

You cannot upgrade to windows 8 enterprise because it is an enterprise product. However, you can go to pro. You also cannot upgrade windows 8 enterprise to 8.1 enterprise.

- now Free