test

Windows wont load, URGENT REOCCURRING PROBLEM!

Laverick

Hello all,

I realize this is a common problem however this seems to be a little different as it keeps reoccurring! Ill explain from the beginning; i bought my alienware aroura back in September 2011. In around march of this year i installed two new amd graphics cards running in crossfire mode and added another 6gb of ram.

It worked fine up until a few months ago when the system randomly stopped booting properly. So i uninstalled windows and re installed it again and this seemed to fix the problem. However a few weeks later it happened again, i could start the system in safe mode but nothing else. I brought a copy of windows 8 thinking that if i install this it would fix the boot problem, but again this worked once or twice but now again the system cant load.

I tried fixing the master boot in the bios and again, this worked for a few times but now the system wont load again and now its not responding to that, system restore wont work either. So i really dont know what to do now, its becoming very frustrating and any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks, Tom.

AeonSoul

Have you tried changing HDD? Might be that there's something wrong with it.

Laverick

I haven’t tried that yet, im going to use windows 8’s reset your computer function on the advance system option to clear everything and put it back to default settings and see if that works! If not them I’m going to buy another hard drive and go down that route, in the mean time are there any other suggestions?

AeonSoul

If you're going to do that then try deleting also every existing partition. Might help.

Laverick

For some reason the pc has decided to turn on, I'm going to get as much as i can onto my portable hard drive then im going to see if ive missed any driver updates on my graphics cards and go from there.

Laverick

Well the pc has gone back into the state of not loading past the windows load screen so now im going to get a new hdd. I have a question regarding operating systems. Once i install the new hdd im obviously going to have to install the operating systems again and start over. With regards to the licence code will this cause problems as i used it with the old hdd? so will the software think that its being installed on a new computer?

AeonSoul

Well the pc has gone back into the state of not loading past the windows load screen so now im going to get a new hdd. I have a question regarding operating systems. Once i install the new hdd im obviously going to have to install the operating systems again and start over. With regards to the licence code will this cause problems as i used it with the old hdd? so will the software think that its being installed on a new computer?

No, you shouldn't have any kind of problem.

yikes81

There will be no problems.
As long as you do not share out your licence key with a billion other people.

jayhernandez7

I'm with everyone else on this one. It does sound like it's the HDD. If you have anything of importance on it, you should back it up ASAP and go buy a SSD(for OS bootup ;) and a regular HDD for the rest.