Wired internet?

wolfy2k4

Jan 15, 2013
UK
I'm embarrassed to admit that I am rubbish when it comes to configuring internet...
I've recently got an x51 with windows 7 home premium installed. However, I am not finding the wireless connection to be very reliable for gaming. Therefore i'd like to use wired instead. I have used other pcs and laptops in the past and all that was required was for me to plug in the ethernet cable and off I go.
This does not seem to work with the x51. If i disconnect the wireless, I get no internet from wired connection. I suck.

Any ideas please? :/

DDuB420

Oct 26, 2012
Toronto ON CA
Is your local area connection enabled?
network-adaptor-properties.png

sway

Apr 12, 2012
Houston
The x51 has the worst wireless card Dell could've used, most of us have changed it to something way better. I bought an Intel card, some buy the killer but makes a huge difference. You can find the Intel card for 18$ on newegg.

tappin from the Note II

I had to use an external wireless USB for my WiFi, the wireless card on the X51 does leave something to be desired.

Thats an understatement. I've had my X51 for two days now and have already had the wireless drop a few times while copying large files across the network, yet the laptop and desktop in the same room never lose connection. I can't believe they cheaped out on the wireless in these boxes.

wolfy2k4

Jan 15, 2013
UK
Just a quick update for those who gave me such kind feedback and advise. It turns out my ethernet cable had given up the ghost. My x51 is now running quite nicely with a new wired connection.
Many thanks once again. :)