worrying temps

Mainly the CPU, my max achieved temperature before was 90 degrees, rarely did i ever see a 91 or 92 degrees.

But lately i've been consistently achieving 94~97, and i'm concerned, i don't have money to spend on cpu replacement, so are these temps normal or should i repaste immediately?? (i already dusted the heatsink and fans)

cpu temp.jpg
cpu temps updated.jpg
- - - - - Updated; Consecutive Post Auto Merged - - - - -

anybody??

Last edited:

BrokeHombre

Apr 15, 2013
USA
Those temps look pretty normal to me, of course I have mine shown in Fahrenheit - but there are pretty much the same. the max mine has reached was around 167f and my processor was about 70% loaded. at idle its around 100f

Those temps look pretty normal to me, of course I have mine shown in Fahrenheit - but there are pretty much the same. the max mine has reached was around 167f and my processor was about 70% loaded. at idle its around 100f

the temps in fahrenheit are shown on the far right in brackets, so temps in core order starting at core 0 are: 185, 199, 203, 195, package temp 204

actually my temps are no where near as good as you're claiming yours to be.
what kind of thermal paste are you using?

edit: also, do you have turbo boost enabled? (setting max processor state to less than 100% turns turbo off)

BrokeHombre

Apr 15, 2013
USA
the temps in fahrenheit are shown on the far right in brackets, so temps in core order starting at core 0 are: 185, 199, 203, 195, package temp 204

actually my temps are no where near as good as you're claiming yours to be.
what kind of thermal paste are you using?

edit: also, do you have turbo boost enabled? (setting max processor state to less than 100% turns turbo off)

As for thermal paste - i am still running with what the factory put on, going two years strong now ( knock on wood )
Turbo boost - never messed with it, not even sure if thats something in my bios or not. I dont recall seeing anything labeled 'Turbo boost' sorry couldnt be more helpful...

Seeing as you are running a I7 processor, turbo boost should be enabled by default unless you had disabled it. Turbo boost is intel's auto-overclock technology, where it overclocks itself when it isnt meeting the demand. So, if you are running the turbo boost function all the time, things can get toasty for laptops.