test

Would you buy it?

DDuB420

I found these images on a random google search. Out of curiosity how many of you would buy an Alienware phone if Dell made one? (Obviously not one like these, they are a little out dated. But a phone that can compete with the S3 or iPhone 5)

Since gaming is slowly growing on mobile platforms, would it be a good move by Dell a mobile device to compete in that market?

jacobberke

Lol, i like Alienware in all but this is just crap lol. The least they could do is make it touch screen.

DDuB420

Lol, i like Alienware in all but this is just crap lol. The least they could do is make it touch screen.

From the date stamps on these images they are quite outdated. But what if there was a touch screen AW phone, would you get it?

DDuB420

Yeah, I would consider it. As long as it had iOS then yeah.

So ill take that as a no, Apple would never put their OS on another phone besides their own. It would be a given that if it was going to happen, Android would be the OS.

Commy1

I think they'd have a very tough time with it. More phones now a days look exactly the same with maybe a couple light difference. They'd be better off building a tablet, they can at least have some heavy duty processor in it for gaming. Phone is out the question.
Next problem is that they'd have to come out with a working model right now, because Razer is coming to the end stages of Project Phiona and tablet from every other manufacturer are already bringing new tablets out. I think Alienware is kinda screwed, they've firmly wedged themselves in the 'High End PC' spot on the market and it'll be nearly impossible for them to expand with how they are going.
I think they need more than just new form factor laptops, they need so make a chain of more affordable products so people go "Oh wow, Alienware" more often. I get that reaction with my laptop at the mall but only because I had 14XX$ to dish out, more people settle for some HP or Compaq piece of crap.

VagrantXeth

Realistically, too much R&D needed to stay competitive in the mobile phone market. Given Dell's resources it is doable, but it would take a while and a lot of money for it to be a worthwhile investment on their behalf.

DDuB420

Both of you have very valid points. I agree that if AW was going to expand in the mobile market, an AW tablet would be the way to go instead of an AW phone. Then if the tablet actually takes a chunk of the market share, Im sure a phone would follow suit.

But who are we kidding, this is just a pipe dream.

VagrantXeth

R&D costs money, dreaming is free. Dream away, some of the best ideas are born from vivid imaginations!

JennyM

Just noticed this thread.... absolutely love the phone, just as it is... it looks sooooo coool!! :D

I reckon phones have gone too far & too pricey with all the paraphenalia they load them with nowadays, its a PHONE! lol! I want to use it to make or recieve calls and texts... that is all. :eek: