X51 CPU Temperature

sway

Apr 12, 2012
Houston
You can't replace the heat sink with aftermarket bc the stock one is specially designed for the x51 to dispense heat out. A few people have tried a few different ones that fit, and they make the temp sore into triple digits and the comp shuts off.

With the x51 your stuck with the basic changes unless you decide to go the mod route.

tappin from a paranoid Note II

Last edited:

sway

Apr 12, 2012
Houston
I'm not sure what my temps are now but when I had the sapphire gpu it was a lot higher bc of it blowing hot air into the case. Now that I have the 670 it's cooler all around. It's a bad choice to go with any other designed gpu for the x51 bc of the space, that tunnel design blows out that air. After I set up my fan curves with precision, my gpu in a hard gaming session doesn't get past 70.

tappin from a paranoid Note II

Xtrmx51

Jan 22, 2013
Ohio
One of the best mods I did was take the stock heat sink(it's good cause it has a copper core most aftermarket dont) and remove all the extra plastic surrounding the heat sink. The way dell has it that plastic just traps all the heat right on the cpu! I made mine look like intels stock cooler with all the fins exposed. Then flipped the fan so it blew down like everother PC on the planet. That dropped temps 20c on load! I actually went so far as to install one exhaust fan mounted in the back out side the x51. It run very cool now