X51 delayed shipping date notices

SWAT_Glock

Administrator
Dell just sent me a notice that the shipping date for my X51, that was ordered in January, will now be delayed until March. What the hell! :mad: Anyone else get a similar notice?

SWAT_Glock

Administrator
Well, I just got an email saying it has shipped. We'll see. No tracking number yet.

Update... I got the tracking number. It will be here Monday!

AlienAurora

Hey Man really sorry to hear that, about your rig I have my Aurora on order as well suppose to be in home by the 2nd of march. good luck with the trouble hope all turns out well.

Toady

My X51 is still showing 7th March for delivery, however it's still showing in production. Starting to loose faith in my estimated delivery date now.:(

Toady

Up date:

Been told today by Dell that the DVD Drive is out of stock and will not be available until 19th March.:mad:

VagrantXeth

Up date:

Been told today by Dell that the DVD Drive is out of stock and will not be available until 19th March.:mad:
You need to call customer service and pitch a stink. In most cases, you can get the order expedited and even get something out of it. When I did, I got my order sped up (not by much, just five days) and I got upgraded to next day delivery. Another person on the Alienware Facebook page got some free games thrown in for the inconvenience. Give it a try, it might help ease the sting of having to wait. When you call customer sevice, ask to speak to a manager and express your dissapointment with the delays to him and ask for any incentives, they are authorized to make those kinds of deals.

Eirreann

Up date:

Man, that's terrible! I think that you should take VagrantXeth's advice on this one...

Sfynxx

After a few weeks delays I hear from dell yesterday saying now it wont be shipped until the 26th march (I ordered on the 13 th February) so I told them to cancel the speakers (which I was getting for free for the delays but turned out to be the biggest delay themselves) and the monitor. Still hasn't been sent yet. Have to wait for them to "sort out the cancellations". If it wasn't an Alienware I would have told them to shove it already haha
Such bad feelings towards dell now. Maybe because I recieved an email saying it was completed and shipped and would arrive on the 23rd February. How do you find delays AFTER you complete and ship an order??

JGCarolina

I got an email and a tracking number over the weekend. I ordered 2/12 and the EDD is 3/8. Hopefully I get it in time. I'm thinking that the fact that I got a blu-ray drive is why I'm getting mine on time? No clue, but keeping my fingers crossed.

Eirreann

After a few weeks delays I hear from dell yesterday saying now it wont be shipped until the 26th march (I ordered on the 13 th February) so I told them to cancel the speakers (which I was getting for free for the delays but turned out to be the biggest delay themselves) and the monitor. Still hasn't been sent yet. Have to wait for them to "sort out the cancellations". If it wasn't an Alienware I would have told them to shove it already haha
Such bad feelings towards dell now. Maybe because I recieved an email saying it was completed and shipped and would arrive on the 23rd February. How do you find delays AFTER you complete and ship an order??
Now why the hell did they put the x51 up for purchase if they clearly weren't ready to meet the demands? Dell was not thinking straight with this one...

VagrantXeth

I think Dell saying the delay is because of the shortage of speakers offered that we're offered as a consolation for the original delay is a load of BS. I think you should as for a pre installed game with your purchase if you really are not too concerned with the speakers and see if they don't use that as an excuse as well.

Toady

I phoned Dell again today and it just gets worse. It now seems that not only is the drive out of stock but so is the casing, and they have no delivery date.:mad:

However on a good point they have agreed to refund me £50 as they reduced the price after I placed my order.:cool: I really want a x-51 so I will just have to wait I guess.:confused:

VagrantXeth

Well, at least they reduced the price, but I still think they could do better and offer you a better consolation (i.e. upgrade to a TactX peripherals, free blu ray drive upgrade, some games).

Toady

Well, at least they reduced the price, but I still think they could do better and offer you a better consolation (i.e. upgrade to a TactX peripherals, free blu ray drive upgrade, some games).
I tried the Bluray upgrade with no joy. Never mind all good things come to those that wait.:D

VagrantXeth

That is for sure. You will be quite satisfied once you do recieve it. Did you spring for any of the Alienware peripherals or did you go with the stock keyboard and mouse. I got the stock keyboard and mouse but I already had a new mouse waiting for it when I did finally get my X51. Using the Tron Razer mouse and I love it. It has a wicked response time, not to mention it lights up and makes sounds too, lol!

Sfynxx

I think Dell saying the delay is because of the shortage of speakers offered that we're offered as a consolation for the original delay is a load of BS. I think you should as for a pre installed game with your purchase if you really are not too concerned with the speakers and see if they don't use that as an excuse as well.
In all honesty I'm really bummed about it. I have to cancel the speakers and the monitor, I get my order a good two weeks after the original delivery date and I don't get nothing for it. Knowing my luck at the moment they'd say it'd take a week or more to instal a game for me anyway :p I think I'll just consider myself lucky that I'm getting it at all. :)

AeonSoul

Seems like they can't keep up with the order ratio lol D: It actually surprises me quite a bit considering the specs and the pricing, but that's probably the reason why it sells so fast :O

dnvr.dsz

I Guess Mass Ordering Is Causing This lol Almost All Are Having Delays....

Toady

That is for sure. You will be quite satisfied once you do recieve it. Did you spring for any of the Alienware peripherals or did you go with the stock keyboard and mouse. I got the stock keyboard and mouse but I already had a new mouse waiting for it when I did finally get my X51. Using the Tron Razer mouse and I love it. It has a wicked response time, not to mention it lights up and makes sounds too, lol!
My wife has been doing her nut with what I've been buying for a PC I don't yet have.

I've already brought a Cyborg RAT 5 mouse, Cyborg FLY 5 joystick, lots of games and just ordered a Tactx Keyboard with the £50 refund.

Delivery Up Date:
I've just checked the status of my order and it says DISPATCH.:confused: I've phone Dell and have check the order via the automated phone thing and that says dispatched. I have not yet received a tracking reference, but I'm already getting very excited that it's on it's way.:D

I'm going to be so mad if I've been lead up the garden path. I will ring them tomorrow morning just to get confirmation.

Toady

Well it's been dispatched, and on its way from Poland. I hope to have it at the beginning of next week.

I just can't wait.:D