X51 graphics card Help

Godders

Hi guys can anybody help me, I have just bought a used x51 the person I bought it of said it has a gtx 745 but after checking with dell it was shipped with the gtx 645 . So I opened it up to check for sure and it looks like it has the 645 init but there are 2 power cables that are not attached to anything after a lot of searching it looks like they are supposed to be attached to the graphics card but there is no slot to connect into can anyone help plz.

jbomb7124

Does the system work ? If so it's likely the cables are for a different application. Like multiple cards in sli.

Sent from my galaxy S5 Active.

Godders

Hi jbomb Ye the system work looks like he has done a fresh install and not installed any of the drives so downloaded driver for nvidia and now the card is showing up in my system so just need to test on a game thanks for the reply. This is my first gaming pc so a bit of a noob

FOXHOUND

They're PCIe connectors, the GTX 645 doesn't use them cause it's an ( OEM ) Graphics card. Don't worry about connecting them, only for newer cards.. for ex : 750 or 750 TI etc. Read up on PCIe to learn what they do and used for. Pins 6 - 8 ( 2 (6) ) etc they can differentiate depending on the card.