x51 guts in new case

VVhisperz

ill be tranfering parts to new case upgrading to 500w PSU basically so i have more room for upgrading

i3 2120 3.3ghz 3300 mhz 2 core
8gb
1tb hdd
alienware mother board
geforce gt 545

im looking at upgrading to geforce gtx 750 or 760

main thing will be playing ESO i wana be able to run it on high grafics with no lag in pvp, massive pvp in that game about 2000 people in one battleground.

im just wondering if my CPU and motherboard or capable of this
or will it bottle neck like crap. i rly like alienware and dont wana buy a new comp right now im just trying to make due with what i have.

jayhernandez7

You have a decent setup, but if you want a great experience, go with an i7, 16GB of RAM, GTX770 and a SSD. You shouldn't have any issues after that ;)

sway

8gb of ram is more than enough for gaming.

tappin from the neXus 5

VVhisperz

Did case swap this weekend went smooth. Only prob I have when it boots up I get a power sensor error prob due to the Sensors no longer there. Haven't figured out how to disable it yet.

And x51 case for sale only thing I took out is motherboard, cpu, cpu cooler, hhd, wireless card. Everything else there 240wpsu

crystal

I like that case. For a single GTX 780ti a quality 500W+ PSU would work well.
buy.gif

I see You

i know this is old thread but i did this a few days ago i to have the power sensor error, the guy ho did it for me just went into the bios and told it to not halt on errors and i dont see it anymore, i wish i new how to do it proper but at least i dont have to see this error anymore, and it runs good to. also how did you hook up your new cases HDD light? i tried to hook mine up and it was on all the time.