test

x51 Memory Uprgade

tomcoleman

what ram does the x51 ship with?

I got the 8GB 1600Mhz option but woundered on the actual make and if to upgrade with Kington Hyper-x or something faster as i presume the stock ram is cack :cool:

Maelstrom

Before you do anything you need to check to see how much RAM your using. You also need to check to see if your processor can support higher speed RAM.

tomcoleman

Before you do anything you need to check to see how much RAM your using. You also need to check to see if your processor can support higher speed RAM.

i have the x51 i7 3770

my PC is using allot of ram due to gaming - i want faster ram as the stock ram will be rubbish timmings

Maelstrom

i have the x51 i7 3770

my PC is using allot of ram due to gaming - i want faster ram as the stock ram will be rubbish timmings

I just looked up the i7 3770 and the fastest speed RAM it supports is 1600MHz. If you are getting very near to the top of your RAM limit then you can consider getting more RAM. But if you get anything with a faster speed it will be underclocked to 1600MHz effectively wasting the money used to make it faster.

Also, RAM speeds don't even make a noticeable difference in performance. They do make a difference if you can upgrade but you'll never see it.