x51 mini pcie slot to startech adapter

paddee1987

Jan 18, 2016

paddee1987

Jan 18, 2016
may have possibly found a fix for this. in the picture below is a similar controller. the guy is saying connect pin 7 and pin 9 together on the mini pcie connector?

could this work? and does he mean soldering a wire to pin 7 to pin 9 on the actual plug or is that something you would do on the board?

any advice would be muchly appreciated!

paddee1987

Jan 18, 2016
after speaking to a technian at pridopia he said that these controllers already have pin 7 and pin 9 shorted so doesnt seem its going to work. ive had a couple of hair brained ideas that id like to throw out there. i remeber you mentioning in another thread about the spare usb header on the motherboard i was wondering wether one of these cables:

pluigged into one of these cables and adapters:

could run both those sata ports through the one usb header block or if not i could cut 1 set of wires and solder on another 9 pin plug and run to where the usb ports on the front would plug into as i dont really use those?

or another alternative is to use two of these:
http://www.addonics.com/products/adsau3.php

what i am wondering with wthe second alternative is ill have to make a wire with four sata power plugs down to a molex would this be to much draw off of the one mobo connection?

many thanks sorry for all the questions!! tell me if its annoying ppl!