x51 Motherboard failure?

Circadian

My wife's x51 got an error message while the PC was idle in the middle of the night. It said "No bootable devices, strike f1 to retry boot, f2 for setup utility, press f5 to run the onboard diagnostics"

When she tried f1 the message would just pop up again without rebooting. She could access the setup utility and onboard diagnostics but was unable to select any of the options. She then attempted a hard reboot. When booting the PC back up we could hear a single beep which indicated a bios failure or an issue with the motherboard (according to another source). The x51 was no longer communicating with the monitor so we can't be sure.

I tried connecting the x51 to our tv's HDMI to see if that would display anything but that also failed. I also removed the hard drive and plugged it back in to see if it was loose. Again on boot up we got the single beep and no monitor display.

This whole issue was proceeded by revving of the video card fan during both gameplay and while idle for about a year now.

So is this an issue with the motherboard or something else like the power supply? If it is the motherboard can this PC still be salvaged? Where can I find a good replacement mother board?

Longfellow78

Hi,
I'm not sure it sounds like a motherboard issue. Have you tried putting the drive in another pc to see if it has been damaged or corrupted in some way?