X51 Paint job

MattyB

So I bought an X51 a few weeks ago from an online auction house pretty cheap because it was broken. I ordered the parts needed to get it going again (about $70 worth) but then I thought it would be a good idea to give the thing a new matte white paint job. Only finished the one side at this stage. Other one will be done later today. Still waiting for one more part though.

photo 1 (2).jpg

photo 2 (2).jpg

sway

I think that looks bad ass, nice job. I will most likely copy you not gonna lie. Did you sand it and everything or do it the lazy man's way and rattle can it, no prep?

tappin from the neXus 5

MattyB

Thanks. Yeah I gave it a sanding to start with then covered the areas I didn't want white. Very light sand between each coat and then a light coat of clear acrylic to finish off.
Copy it all you like! No patent on it...yet.. :)

MattyB

Have to go away for a week so it has to wait unfortunately. I got Win7 installed before I left but no drivers or Command Center so no pics with AlienFX until I get back.

ejohnson

Looks great!

I keep getting into my head that I should paint my x51, but I just cant find the time.

MattyB

Thanks mate. Do it! I did it slowly over a week or so when I had a few minutes here and there.
I also pondered doing a camo theme but I'm glad I went with white.

STDVirus

Damn it! now i want to paint my case lol. And now that you say it a snow camo would prob look very cool ;) Case looks good Matty!

shankc

I like it Matty nice job m8 look forward to seeing the finished beast

MattyB

Haha. I was waiting for someone to catch me on that. Didn't notice it when I took the shot and then it was in a bad spot to crop it out of the pic so I left it in there. Bonus point for you Aeon!

ejohnson

Thanks mate. Do it! I did it slowly over a week or so when I had a few minutes here and there.
I also pondered doing a camo theme but I'm glad I went with white.

I have a spare set of side covers in my basement.... totally going to do camo sides this weekend along with a brushed aluminum front panel.

MattyB

Awesome! No reason not to with spare covers on hand. Can't wait to see the results!

MattyB

All done. She's up and working perfectly. Looks pretty nice up close. Gives it a little bit more personality I think.

photo(1).jpg
photo(2).jpg

sway

I think they should give an option of white with their comp. That looks amazing. The only thing I'd do is make the front matte black instead of glossy.

tappin from the neXus 5

MattyB

Yeah that would look awesome. I won't worry about this one though. Going to sell it now I've got it running.

Well............maybe I could keep it...........