X51 Poll - Who is getting one?

Will you be ordering the Alienware X51 Desktop?

• Yes - It fits my needs

Votes: 26 54.2%
  • No - I can't find a use for it.

Votes: 13 27.1%
  • Undecided at the moment.

Votes: 9 18.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

SWAT_Glock

Administrator
AWO Supporter
Just a simple poll to get an idea on how many members will be getting the new X51 system. Please post about why you are or why you are not getting it.

MacDiddy

Im going to wait for some more reviews to come out first. I think it will make a good HTPC.

katalin_2003

Hello, Tommy, while i find it nice i can't justify having it around along with all other systems.
i saw the a video review about it on hothardware i believe and IMO it's a great little affordable desktop.

I wonder if the motherboard has a eeprom that only let you use Dell's proprietary bricks.

MacDiddy

I wonder if the motherboard has a eeprom that only let you use Dell's proprietary bricks.
Never though about that...If you could get a GTX580 in there with good cooling, I would get one in a second. But like you said, the power supply is the problem. I have an EVGA GTX580 3GB card in my custom built desktop and it runs very cool in general. The fan barely runs above 50%. I use to have the 1.5GB card and that fan would sound like a jet engine. I'm guessing the 3GB card is less strained when I game on my Dell 30".

SlammedLTZ

I ordered one today. I finally got my free promo $100 Dell giftcard from a purchase I made in Decemember, so I used that to get the price down. Now the wait!

RoBi1475

I wont be getting one, mostly because I just bought an Aurora R3, but I could find a use for it as a decent LAN party rig. If LAN parties were a thing a did frequently. Other then that I like HUGE desktops, as they make feel big and important.

Eirreann

Eventually, after I build my rig, I may pick up one for LAN parties or trips to my cousins house... but at the moment I'm focusing on my rig (or maybe an Aurora; I'm still undecided...)

JGCarolina

Just ordered mine yesterday. Got the one with the i7 in it. My first gaming/alienware pc. Figured I'd shell out the $ since I needed a new PC anyways (current one is 7 years old and sitting in a closet).

AlienAurora

I don't see myself needing this type of rig, I feel that I will need something a little bit bigger and with a little more horse power. If I were to look into it I may want to look at a few more reviews, but from what I have seen and the reading that I have been doing it seems that this rig is rock solid. To who ever has purchased or is purchasing one of these rigs you will not be disappointing.

Inkerguy

I ordered one as I'm downsizing from a Mac Pro and it has everything I need :) I don't require too much in teh way of gaming so a 555 might work for me. Of course from the word around the net it looks like a non Ti 560 would work so if I get adventuresome I can always pick one of those up :)

DieselSS

My issue with upgrading to the 560 is that it's not enough of an upgrade to warrant spending $200. I mean is the 560 really that much faster than the 555? I am enthusiastic about the ability to upgrade, I just think people shouldn't jump the gun. Wait for the new Nvidia lineup instead which is close.

Eirreann

Now the wait... FedEx tracking says Out for Delivery.
I'm keeping my fingers crossed here for you, mate!

@Diesel: Wise words... antother reason to eagerly await the upcoming Nvidia line-up!