X51 Poll - Who is getting one?

Will you be ordering the Alienware X51 Desktop?

• Yes - It fits my needs

Votes: 26 54.2%
  • No - I can't find a use for it.

Votes: 13 27.1%
  • Undecided at the moment.

Votes: 9 18.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

sway

Apr 12, 2012
Houston
I've been due for a new system for a loooooong time now and decided to get the x51.

I've had it for less than a week now and other than my little mistake of uninstalling the factory installed Steam and Portal it's been great.

Was happy to find this site as well!

Nice choice, I love mine a lot especially after the few upgrades I've done. Which one did you go with?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus

sway

Apr 12, 2012
Houston
I tried to keep the price down so I went with the Alienware X51, Intel Core i5-2320 3.0 GHZ, 8 GB Ram 1333 MHz, Nvidia GeForce GT 545 1GB, 1TB HDD w/ Windows 7 Home Premium.

No biggie, you can upgrade those main parts for better ones anyway. You can check out my thread in the x51 section on upgrading the gpu....not really a how to, but shows what I went with and how it performs.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus

Mine just shipped yesterday - I don't do gaming on my PC so I was able to keep the heat down a bit with an i5, the new 660 video, 8GB RAM, 2TB drive and blu ray. I picked this because of the form factor. I'm replacing a Mac Mini that I have a boot camp install of Windows 7 since I run media center for my TV and Xboxes. But I'm fed up with Apple not updating drivers ever, and random issues and dealing with the limits of it under boot camp. So this was the best form factor I could come up with to fit under the TV where all my game consoles and such are.

Simmo

Mar 10, 2013
UK
Just ordered mine, delivery showing 22nd March however status is still pre production :cool:

Ordered top level machine and will update the RAM to 16GB myself, got £120 discount plus a further 11% off, just need a monitor now!