test

X51 Power Adaptor Bricked. Any possible replacement?

Ok...

I bought my X51 R1 I3770) while I was working in US in 2013... 3 years now... I brought my X51 in Indonesia. Unfortunately, dell did not provide a good quality power brick that it finally died on me 3 days ago...

I contacted Dell indonesia regarding the issue. Went to the parts & service to verify whether the issue was the power brick or the mother board/power board. They had a 330Watt power brick for M18x lying around. My X51 turned normally. Good news!

The bad news is that they are charging me 3.6 million IDR (USD 274)!!!! and a 2 month wait as they had to order.

I am an engineer... I also used this X51 for CAD work. So i am looking for an alternative solution fast!

My question is... how hard is it for me to get a regular modular PC PSU and plug them into the X51 mobo. I am sure that I will need to do some modding, but considering that the waranty is out... thats not a problem for me.

Do I need to by pass the Power Board? Does the power board support more than 330 Watt ?

Is there any diagram for the X51 r1 motherboard, power board and the front I/O board?

Please help... such a great machine ruined by *** Power supply.

Not looking forward to deal with indonesian custom... And I could get a $40usd psu available now.

I allready looked from Ebay and Amazon... Most arrived on sept 8th the earliest.