test

X51 questions....

LoneGunMan77v

Hi all....have just ordered an X 51 and am waiting on delivery.Last time that I owned a pc for games was back in 1998,so was wondering how long my X 51 will last before upgrades are needed.Am sure there are some very experienced pc gamers on the forum who know more about the pace of development in pc games than I do and at what speed system requirements are moving.

The specs for my X51 are as follows....

Intel i-7...3.4ghz
Ram-16gb
2TB hard drive
windows 8
blu-ray drive
gtx 660

many thanks for any help in answering my question and helping a new pc gamer on his way:)

yikes81

Welcome welcome.

I find 3yrs a rough life span before you HAVE to upgrade. Though people always WANT to upgrade anytime from immediately after buying one, to years later.

Sent via Tapatalk

LoneGunMan77v

Many thanks...so would you say I have bought a system that will provide me with at least 2 yrs of quality gaming?

yikes81

Well, that depends on your gaming habits. Are you always after the latest an greatest graphics killer type of games? Or will you get games a year or so after release? Or like me, get a couple of games and play those to death for years?

If its latest and greatest, maybe a year until you upgrade, or start turning settings down.

If its games a little later, then 2-3yrs.

If its same games, I had my pc for 6.5yrs before an upgrade.

Sent via Tapatalk

LoneGunMan77v

The main thing I want to do with my pc is realistic miltary games such as arma2 or and arma 3.So very much I wish to find a franchise I enjoy and stick with it.And maybe a few older pc titles from the last couple of years if they will work with windows 8?And some online like planetsiders 2 etc...all other games that I enjoy I have on xbox360 and will get further releases to these on xbox 720.