X51 R1 wont start after unplug and move

k9charlie

Please forgive me in advance if there are rules that I am breaking. Yes, I just created this account, and no, technically I do not own the alienware computer (although I would love to). I have looked over the forum extensively though, and the computer belongs to a dear friend who is in need. With that said, here is the problem.

My friend turned off and unplugged the working R1 so she could move it upstairs. After the move, the computer does not start properly.

Symptoms:
Fans start, Hard Drive spins, Case lights work, but there is no display and no lights on the keyboard. CMOS battery still shows 3 volts. PSU shows correct volts and the green light works.

Treatments so far (spoiler, none have worked):
  1. Checked for any visible damage (And yes, I did just start counting with zero...)
  2. I have removed and re-seated the graphics card, RAM, Hard drive.
  3. Removed graphics card and use HDMI on-board display
  4. Unplugged CMOS battery, then re-plugged it in.
  5. Cleared CMOS
  6. Removed hard drive
  7. Tried each of the RAM sticks one at a time in each slot
  8. Removed all RAM (got 2 beep POST code)
  9. Fully unplugged and held power button for 30 seconds to 1 minute
  10. Googled problems for 2 days.
So far, the UFO (Unidentified Faulty Object) has eluded my gaze. My only thoughts are that it is either the mobo, or maybe the power board. Is there anyway to tell? I know the power boards (either the R1 or R2) can still be purchased relatively cheap, but I would like to know that is the problem before purchasing. Are there any options to temporarily by-pass the power board to see if it is the issue? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

MURRARI

Please forgive me in advance if there are rules that I am breaking. Yes, I just created this account, and no, technically I do not own the alienware computer (although I would love to). I have looked over the forum extensively though, and the computer belongs to a dear friend who is in need. With that said, here is the problem.

My friend turned off and unplugged the working R1 so she could move it upstairs. After the move, the computer does not start properly.

Symptoms:
Fans start, Hard Drive spins, Case lights work, but there is no display and no lights on the keyboard. CMOS battery still shows 3 volts. PSU shows correct volts and the green light works.

Treatments so far (spoiler, none have worked):
  1. Checked for any visible damage (And yes, I did just start counting with zero...)
  2. I have removed and re-seated the graphics card, RAM, Hard drive.
  3. Removed graphics card and use HDMI on-board display
  4. Unplugged CMOS battery, then re-plugged it in.
  5. Cleared CMOS
  6. Removed hard drive
  7. Tried each of the RAM sticks one at a time in each slot
  8. Removed all RAM (got 2 beep POST code)
  9. Fully unplugged and held power button for 30 seconds to 1 minute
  10. Googled problems for 2 days.
So far, the UFO (Unidentified Faulty Object) has eluded my gaze. My only thoughts are that it is either the mobo, or maybe the power board. Is there anyway to tell? I know the power boards (either the R1 or R2) can still be purchased relatively cheap, but I would like to know that is the problem before purchasing. Are there any options to temporarily by-pass the power board to see if it is the issue? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Any luck with this?