test

x51 R2 BIOS update A06 to A12

Samurai111

Hi guys, I’m not sure if there’s any other thread with info - I’m just looking for reassurance. I’ve been updating all of my drivers since I’ve left my computer sit for about 2 years, and I began updating the BIOS from A06-A12.
I only read afterward that’s it’s not really necessary, and can hurt the computer if I wasn’t careful.
Now I’m paranoid, my screens been reloading the bar over and over again for about an hour and a half now like this and I’m afraid it won’t end. How long do updates usually take?
Thanks

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    138.2 KB · Views: 5

MattyB

The general rule is to never flash higher than 3 versions above your current one. I would usually do them one at a time. It isn't a good idea to go from 6 straight to 12.
You generally only need to flash your BIOS if the system is having problems. Sometimes the manufacturer actually uses newer versions to slow hardware down. Kind of like Apple updates with older phones.
Usually BIOS updates only take a few minutes. Maybe yours is taking longer because of the jump for 6 to 12. I hope so anyway.