X51 r2 Black Screen Buzzing noise.

ramnorock

Jun 10, 2015
Hi there, for awhile now I have been having trouble with my x51 r2. Often when im playing certain games the computer will lock up with a black screen, although sometimes its white and on one yellow and teal. When it locks up a buzzing sound can usually be heard from the headset, If I leave the computer alone it will restart itself although sometimes I have to do it myself. This happens the most in COD AW although it happened several times in WOW warlords during cut-scenes and once while spinning the camera in state of decay. As far as I can tell the crashes are random in COD sometimes I can play for 2 hours others it crashes in moments.

I thought maybe it was overheating but im not sure with how random it is and changing fan speed and cleaning seem to have little to no effect. I have also tried the support assist tool and several benchmarks I always pass. I have also tried going into the bios and changing to discrete and turning PCI Gen-3 off none of that made a difference. I have also updated my video drivers and updated my bios. I really have no idea what to do at this point my warranty has run out So if I can not find a fix I suppose I will have to buy a new rig, so any help would be greatly appreciated.

Btw COD AW runs wonderfully when its not crashing.

I think it would be best to mention all other games ive tried run smoothly farcry 4 all the fallouts skyrim etc.

Last edited: