x51 R2 Owner

6zumlachen

Hello together i would like to apologize for my bad english i dont feel like using the google translate its even worse :D.

i am a new proud owner of the x51 R2:

- i7 4790 not the unlocked couldnt find a 4790K and wasnt sure if its worth to overclock within that small computer and intel XTU doesnt work greyed out everything.

- R9 270 getting super hot 82c° cant even overclock it lol and pretty bad at gaming.

- 8GB

- 2TB HDD ill get an SSD

1. So yea i wonder why the intel XTU doesnt allow us to change the multiplier even for 1 or 2 its just greyed out.

2. Also is the R2 able to fit any 970 GTX ? or do i have to buy a special one? might someone Link me

3. The Cpu is getting pretty hot 75-82 C° i saw some mods but i wonder if we can get something simple like a aftermarket cooler that fits perfectly and the plastic airflow can fit aswell into that

i read alot here i am just someone who needs this confirmation from people who got experience

Budget is 500 $

If anyone here modded something like a cooler or watercooler and wants to sell it i feel better giving you guys the money instead of paying onlineshops.

Thanks guys!

pengful

Can't comment on the multiplier but the GTX 970 fits just fine. Get the blower type.

BeNtLeY

Hey,

Just leave the i7 alone it is already powerful enough for gaming. I would get the pny gtx 970 if you can or a similar model with the blower type. Just make sure you have a 330 watt psu.

Gaudio.ps

Ive got the Palit GTX 970, works great! Just set the fan a little higher in MSI Afterburner and it stays around 70 degrees with decent sound of the fan