test

X51 R3 GPU Upgrade or Graphics Amplifier?

ichimatsu82151

Hello everyone, looking for some help/suggestions on what to do... I currently have a GTX 960 and a 330W power supply, but I'm not sure whether to go for a graphics amplifier or straight up replace the card. I play games in 1080p, 60 fps, so I'm looking for a card that can hit that on newer games with high settings. replacing the card seems like a cheaper option, but I've read that only certain cards will fit in the case, and blower cards are strongly suggested. however, with the graphics amplifier I wouldn't really need to worry about that. Anyone got any suggestions for what to do and what card would be the best value for what I'd want?

AssimilatorX

Hello,

I just got a Graphics Amplifier recently and put a KFA2 RTX 2080OC into it. It goes with my Alienware 17 R4 that have a GTX 1080 built in. I have to say, i am very happy with it. I was sceptic at first but it looks like this setup really works. Most cases i checked it comes on top on the other thunderbolt 3 egpu cases. The X51 comes with external PSU that tops at 330W (same model that i have for my 17-R4) an RTX card would draw more than 300w. The Graphics Amplifier would be your best choice. It is working or me, however my laptop arent that old as i am still able to play 4k even with the GTX 1080 perfectly, like Assassins Creed, Mass Effect Andromeda, SOTTR, Jedi Fallen Order, etc. I would get an AMP if i were you.

Attachments

• 2020-11-10_040211.png
    2020-11-10_040211.png
    500.9 KB · Views: 2