test

X51 r3 PNY GTX 970

KillerBee33

If you got the AMP then get 980TI , if you didnt get the AMP this is DELL recomended GPU Upgrade for R2 so it'll fit and work Perfectly with R3

Jordanjh

Alright. I had already order the x51 r3,gtx 970 and the graphic amp. Should I call sell to cancel the graphic amp? It is not expected to ship for another month anyways. I just don't wat to do anything that would hurt the longevity of the gpu or my x51. The thing that makes me hesitant is that on the pny website for their gtx 970 they recommend a minimum psu of 500w.

KillerBee33

Its useless unles you plan on Buying a 980Ti or TITAN X
R3 will run fine with up to 980

Jordanjh

I am having a hell of a time here. I checked with Alienware support twice and they said it will work the first time i asked then the second time i just wanted to triple check and he said it will not, but you and other people online are telling me it will but i do not want to do it without them telling me it will as I dont want to ruin the gpu or damage anything in the pc. Do you have an x51? if so what are you running in it?

Jeremy Havard

Hey Jordan, I just recently installed the PNY GTX 970 on my x51 r2 without any issues. Your r3 will run it even better.

KillerBee33

I am having a hell of a time here. I checked with Alienware support twice and they said it will work the first time i asked then the second time i just wanted to triple check and he said it will not, but you and other people online are telling me it will but i do not want to do it without them telling me it will as I dont want to ruin the gpu or damage anything in the pc. Do you have an x51? if so what are you running in it?
Look at few of My posts on this forum, got some test results i'm on R2 with 980 with no issues