test

X51 upgrade concerns!

RyanHooli

Hello, I have a standard X51 with a 330wPSU. I would like to know if I could upgrade to a EVGA GTX 670 FTW 2GB. If it is possible to not change anything else that would be great. Also, I have been watching http://www.youtube.com/user/Ray2kay6?feature=watch video's. He has done some amazing things. Also, I want to know if a GTX Titan fits into an X51 because i'd like to have that. If I do get the Titan would I need anymore cooling or anything like that? Thanks

AeonSoul

I am pretty sure that someone around here fit in there the GTX 670 FTW with the stock 330w PSU. Don't know about the Titan tho.

ejohnson

670 will work just fine, the titan will not. Too much power needed, not enough cooling or space for it.

Stick with the 670

freshydeff

I will be answering your question today on my YouTube channel by placing a GTX titan in my Alienware x51.

Youtube freshydeff

Last edited:

tomcoleman

i have tried 2 cards 670 FTW 3GB and 660Ti 4GB both cause the system to reboot when settings are at max

RyanHooli

Maybe you have an underlying issue somewhere.

tappin from the Note II

Question, do you have an PSU upgrades on your X51?
If so do you have a YT video on how to do so and can u give me the link of ur graphics card?

Thanks

sway

Question, do you have an PSU upgrades on your X51?
If so do you have a YT video on how to do so and can u give me the link of ur graphics card?

Thanks

When my x51 was stock and I just had the 670ftw, I didn't have any other PSU except the 330w brick. My x51 now is torn apart pending a full mobo, PSU, & unlocked cpu upgrade. I stopped the project for now to build my current rig, but will go back to it eventually.

tappin from the Note II

mav711

i have tried 2 cards 670 FTW 3GB and 660Ti 4GB both cause the system to reboot when settings are at max

Note more memory requires more power. You can use an APP like hwmonitor to see what your power draw. Or easier still use a "wattsup" device between your X51 and the wall to see how much power you are drawing when reboots occur.