test

X51 upgrads & Case fan mod

Shooter

i have had an M14x for a few years and love it, so i got myself an X51 for the man cave.

I5 4460
Gtx 745
8gb ddr3
1tb hdd
Time to play.

gtx 970 (overclockers blower version)
had to remove the front fan to get it to fit.

500gb samsung evo 850
1tb hdd removed

removed the dvd drive for cooling so i thought id put a fan there to help.

noctua 120mm Fan (amazing fan so quite)

"https://www.youtube.com/embed/1JWjcaABRac"

didnt like this grill when it came

As the cpu fan draws and exhausts at the rear of the case and the gpu has the blower also venting to the rear of the case, I set the fan to draw into the case to try and create positive pressure. ill give it a week like that then spin the fan for a week see what the temps tell me.

Last edited:

venticore

nice and impressive skills in modding I wouldnt have the balls to do it to my case, however I did manage to achieve a pretty low temp and quite x51 fully loaded with i7 4770 and GTX 970 with everything still inside the case.
no mods no cuts my max cpu temp on intel XTU is 62-66c depend on ambient temp and 69c on small ffts in prime 94 cpu fan is limited to max @ 50% so its totally a silent PC on regular usage but in gaming the fan blower is still doing some noise , nothing unbearable but still need to get fixed.
I will look for a route that i can keep my card cool and quite.

Shooter

Did you put the I7 in or is that stock?
I did look at cpu and ram but for now I'll struggle to max what I have as I only game, no vid editing and so on.

venticore

I bought it with the i7 and 16gb 2tb HDD blueray drive and the OEM gtx 760 ti that went out for GTX 970.
Everything is stock except the graphic card I might remove the HDD and put a 1tb ssd in the future but not worth emptying my wallet right now.

But I will consider making a vent for my GPU in the lower right lid of the case.