XPS 8500 or Alienware X51?

davidlaguna72

So I've been looking at gaming computers. Earlier I had my eyes on the Alienware X51, but recently I discovered the Dell XPS 8500. I'm not sure whether I should get the $950 X51 (with the i5 processor and NVIDIA GeForce GT 545) or the $999 XPS 8500 (the i7 one NVIDIA GeForce GT 640). The XPS seems to be a lot better, but I'm not always that smart when it comes to choosing the right computer. But to me, it seems like with Alienware you're paying extra for the lights and fancy stuff, while with this XPS you're paying for the power. Just to let you know, I'm going to be using the computer to record games like Skyrim with Fraps at hopefully ultra settings with at least 30 FPS. And please don't tell me to build my own computer or even suggest a different computer, I'm pretty sure that whichever one I get, it's going to be one of these two.
buy.gif

Thanks for the help.

FarSolar

I'm not sure where you're getting the info from but when I looked at the site the $900 model (they don't have a $950) has a gtx 745 4gb. The difference between an i7 and i5 processor is pretty minimal when it comes to gaming so you should just go for the i5. THe XPS 8500 says that it isn't available anymore while the $900 x51 is $825 because of a sale. I'd definitely choose the alienware over the regular dell.