Yay - love my new Alienware 17

RedPatti

I have had my new laptop for about a week now and I am loving it so far! :)

Just wish I didn't have to go to work everyday so I can stay home and play all day! lol

DDuB420

It sucks when work gets in the way :D

2hcngpg.jpg

Welcome to the forums :cool:

MattyB

Welcome! The answer is to take your beast to work and keep on playing! That's what I do :D

RedPatti

So my specs are:

Processor: 4th Generation Intel® Core™ i7-4700MQ processor (6MB Cache, up to 3.4GHz)
Display: 17.3" WLED FHD (1920 x 1080) Anti-Glare Display
Operating system: WIN 7 Home Premium, 64Bit, SP1
Memory (RAM): 16GB Dual Channel DDR3L at 1600MHz
Optical drive: 8x SuperMulti Drive DVDRW
Video graphics: NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 770M with 3GB GDDR5
Media card reader: 9-in-1 Media Card Reader and USB 3.0
Bluetooth®: Bluetooth® tied to wireless card
Wireless: ac
Audio: Internal High-Definition 5.1 Performance Audio Powered by Klipsch® with Dolby Home Theater software

rdtech

Hi RedPatti,

Just wanted to say I am also a new owner (for a month now) and absolutely love it. Same specs as you RedPatti
except the processor is a 4800MQ. What I find incredible is how 'quiet' and 'cool' the machine runs.
I am sure you will have as much fun as I am having.

MattyB

still got 3 days to wait for mine. doing a lot of pacing lol

The anxious waiting is one of the best parts! Checking the online delivery details every 5 mins. There is nothing like the feeling of the first one!

2stroker

The anxious waiting is one of the best parts! Checking the online delivery details every 5 mins. There is nothing like the feeling of the first one!

The parcel is about 40 miles away I'm so tempted to get in the car and go and get it. I was at the back of the line when they were handing out patience lol

RedPatti

Hi RedPatti,

Just wanted to say I am also a new owner (for a month now) and absolutely love it. Same specs as you RedPatti
except the processor is a 4800MQ. What I find incredible is how 'quiet' and 'cool' the machine runs.
I am sure you will have as much fun as I am having.

rdtech - you are soooo right! It's so nice and quiet! My last machine was so loud whenever the processor was working hard so this is such a nice surprise. I can't believe how even when I am running my games at the top graphics level I can hear it increase but it's still NOTHING compared to what I had before. LOVE IT!!!

- - - - - Updated; Consecutive Post Auto Merged - - - - -

The parcel is about 40 miles away I'm so tempted to get in the car and go and get it. I was at the back of the line when they were handing out patience lol

I would probably be feeling the same way! LOL! Make sure you come back and let us know when you have it in your hands. :)

dave15

Hi, Red Patti,
Just got my exchange on a bad M17xr3 with a new M17x, Runs greats specs listed below. Looking to do some gaming late tonight or tomorrow. Makes a great machine to do my real work on, graphic design and have lots of multiple windows running.