test

Your Country Has Been Invaded!

WaLkAwaY

Red Dawn

I watched this movie last night twice and this morning again. I am not sure if anyone saw the original or not but this one does not follow that movie in some regards. BTW I will try where I can to include spoiler tags but seriously the movie has been out since 1984 originally so I think I should get a pass if I end up giving anything away. It is kind of like telling someone what happened during WWII and then people get irritated that you gave it away. :D Seriously though, thing is personally even if someone gives away the entire movie plot or premise if I wanted to see it I am still going to see it regardless. So it is hard for me to put myself in that position of “don't give anything away”.

So reluctantly I watched the 2012 version of Red Dawn after having heard from friends and acquaintances that it sucked and while there were a few small parts that begged a little questioning there was nothing I rolled my eyes at or thought was over the top. About the hardest thing for me to deal with was the actor who played the implied deuteragonist or secondary protagonist. I thought that the choice was a bad one.

So the premise of the movie is that the United States gets invaded by another country, North Korea in this example with other countries helping them out. Fully invaded. The power grids are taken off line, communications are now controlled by the invaders, the United States military is scattered and cannot mass in any size viable for a stand against the invaders and any and all forms of government have been crippled and disbanded to include the President and those key leaders and advisers having been captured or killed.

For whatever reason this has happened, people are pissed and tired of the US or they think that they are doing the American people a favor by getting rid of a government that has grown regime like does not matter. What matters is that now the United States is no longer controlled by the US it is controlled by North Korea.

So I will just pose a couple of questions here because the rest is going to be in a spoiler. Those of you that have not seen it and do not want it spoiled then do not read further than these questions.

Also it might be interesting to see how the answers differ (if they do) from those people who actually get to read some of my examples.

Think long and hard before you answer these questions. The answers are not always straight forward.
  • 1. What would you do if your country was invaded fully and taken over by another country. Your military is crippled and your government is no longer in power in any form?
  • 2. Would you fight? Become a sympathizer?
  • 3. How would you feel toward those that did become sympathizers? What if they were family and friends? Could you kill them if the need arose?

Okay now for the more in depth look at the movie and some more serious questions.
As I stated above the premise of the movie is that the United States gets invaded by another country, North Korea in this example with other countries helping them out. Fully invaded. The power grids are taken off line, communications are now controlled by the invaders, the United States military is scattered and cannot mass in any size viable for a stand against the invaders and any and all forms of government have been crippled and disbanded to include the President and those key leaders and advisers having been captured or killed.

For whatever reason this has happened, people are pissed and tired of the US or they think that they are doing the American people a favor by getting rid of a government that has grown regime like does not matter. What matters is that now the United States is no longer controlled by the US it is controlled by North Korea.

Pockets of freedom fighters around the country take up arms against the aggressors and fight to defend the country, fight to take it back. Through dissemination these resistance fighters receive their training and conditioning, And these patches of resistance using small unit guerrilla tactics are essentially all that is left of any type of opposition to the invaders.

There are several pivotal moments in the movie but I will share the ones that stand out to me as being the most thought provoking.

• One scene shows the protagonists father being shot in the head the characters witness this from a distance.
  • One of the characters breaks mission to save a loved one thus jeopardizing the mission and the entire squad which results in the death of one of the team and the injury of another.
  • The most pivotal moment in the movie for any character is when one of the resistance fighters sees his dad sitting on stage with the enemy. The father (who was the mayor of the town) has become a reluctant sympathizer (so it would seem by his nervousness and manner) and the militia member must make a decision. The stage has been rigged with explosives so essentially they are going to blow up the majority of high level brass of the invaders (albeit only for that sector) but in doing so will also kill his dad.
  • One of the members gets tagged and unbeknownst to him is essentially giving away their position by causing the group to be tracked. The decision has been made to hand over the squads only squad operated weapon and some rations and let this person -I would assume- make a final stand to help the others flight. In the original the person was killed by the other resistance members.
  • There comes a point where the constant “always on” (military people will know what I am talking about), the constant moving around and living on dregs has taken its toll and the resistance almost cracks.

**Think long and hard before you answer these questions. The answers are not always straight forward.
  • 1. What would you do if your country was invaded fully and taken over by another country. Your military is crippled and your government is no longer in power in any form.?
  • 2. Would you fight?
  • 3. Would you become a sympathizer?
  • 4. What would be the deciding factor of what you chose to do, fight, sympathize or live under a new rule?
  • 5. How would you feel toward those that did become sympathizers?
  • 6. What if the sympathizers were family and friends? Could you kill them if the need arose? Could you complete a mission that would result in their death?
  • 7. What would your reaction be what actions would you take if you saw a loved one gunned down?
  • 8. Would you break mission to save a loved one? Thus jeopardizing the entire squad and all you have worked toward?
  • 9 Would you even team up or would you stay lone wolf?
  • 10. After identifying the cause of your being tracked would you then give up the squads only LMG to that team member so that they may buy you some time? Also knowing that they could gain you nothing?
  • 11. Along those same lines what if you live in a country where your citizens where not allowed to have weapons to begin with? How would you form a resistance?
  • 12. How would you link up with others and train? How would you decide who leads your resistance and teams? What types of targets would you strike?
  • 13. WHERE WOULD YOU BEGIN?
  • 14. At what point if any would you determine that the resistance is not going to work? Or that you need to surrender? Or would you?
  • 15. Would you take prisoners? Would you use torture as a method for extracting information?

sway

Didn't read everything bc I'm lazy, but I'd kick some ass. Just the fact that the "invaders" came here bc they think they can would piss me off. Wouldn't let anther country come here and mess shit up. Its easy to say oh yeah I'd totally do that, when you don't know but I wouldn't sit around, and since I'm in Texas almost my entire family is armed. My father in law has a huge floor safe dedicated to some nice hardware, would I be scared hell yeah but would I fight hell yeah.

This movie didn't get good ratings but it was really good, the original was awesome too.

tappin from the Note II