Your Internet Speed Thread!

Dantheman221

How fast is yours? You can post 2 different types for winter and summer. I know my speeds change based on that :D

Use speedtest.net and pingtest.net. Press the button to search automatically for best location and post your score :D

My winter one looks like this:

In summer, its a bit faster.

AeonSoul

I'm at work now, but I *should* have a 20 Mbit connection, but in fact it reaches barely 11.
Yes, internet connections in Italy fucking blow balls.

yikes81

SpeedTest.jpg

Ok ...
My result kinda sux. I have an ADSL2+ connection. I am connected wirelessly. There are 4 rooms (varies in size) in between the modem and my PC.
I have tried to tweak my SNR settings, but to be honest, I don't really know what I am doing?

Can anyone help me fix my connection?

Edit: Oh, and my modem is the Billion 7800N.

Last edited:

Dantheman221

I had worse until I've found one of the best interwebz for my region :D I am also connected wirelessly. I have a tp-link 940n after my asus 500g v2 premium died on me :\

yikes81

So if I was to play BF3, I should be ok in regards to ping? Game won't lag badly?

Maelstrom

Middle of the day on Sunday. I haven't done to many of these so I don't know what the benchmark should be for my area.

yikes81

View attachment 201

Ok ...
My result kinda sux. I have an ADSL2+ connection. I am connected wirelessly. There are 4 rooms (varies in size) in between the modem and my PC.
I have tried to tweak my SNR settings, but to be honest, I don't really know what I am doing?

Can anyone help me fix my connection?

Edit: Oh, and my modem is the Billion 7800N.

Happy days! I spoke to my ISP and they found a fault in the line. So a tech is coming out to make my internet faster!!

Commy1

I wish I could actually get my internet up to it's full potential but in my household there are... 5 laptops... 1 desktop... 2 xboxes and 3 smartphones all connected at once. SO... it's really hard for me to get an accurate reading on my download speed. The best I got however was 10ms ping 75mbps download 2mbps upload. I'll see if I can get an image.

Maelstrom

Did some new tests on different browsers (all within minutes of each other)

Firefox v 13

Internet Explorer v 9

Google Chrome v 17 (Note: Chrome was NOT automatically choosing the fastest server. It was choosing the closest server. All of the other browsers chose their server based on speed not distance.)

(When I let Chrome choose it's own server it's speeds were considerably worse than the other browsers.)

Safari v 5

No image for Safari because the browser stopped loading web pages...

P.S. Safari is my most hated web browser ever...

yikes81

so you got 160mbit? obviously you dont know what ur talking about
F33L, not everyone here will be a fully qualified tech, so there will be people that don't know all the technical details. Still we try and keep it nice and friendly here. :cool:

Org

Normally it's slower (.75D/.50U under 30 ping) but WISP is upgrading and forget to re-limit me (everyone?) to the correct speed.

Last edited: