Your Internet Speed Thread!

yikes81

Feb 13, 2012
Sydney, Australia
SpeedTest.jpg

Ok ...
My result kinda sux. I have an ADSL2+ connection. I am connected wirelessly. There are 4 rooms (varies in size) in between the modem and my PC.
I have tried to tweak my SNR settings, but to be honest, I don't really know what I am doing?

Can anyone help me fix my connection?

Edit: Oh, and my modem is the Billion 7800N.

Last edited:

Maelstrom

Feb 25, 2012
Alabama
1813483446.png

Middle of the day on Sunday. I haven't done to many of these so I don't know what the benchmark should be for my area.

View attachment 201

Ok ...
My result kinda sux. I have an ADSL2+ connection. I am connected wirelessly. There are 4 rooms (varies in size) in between the modem and my PC.
I have tried to tweak my SNR settings, but to be honest, I don't really know what I am doing?

Can anyone help me fix my connection?

Edit: Oh, and my modem is the Billion 7800N.

Happy days! I spoke to my ISP and they found a fault in the line. So a tech is coming out to make my internet faster!!

I wish I could actually get my internet up to it's full potential but in my household there are... 5 laptops... 1 desktop... 2 xboxes and 3 smartphones all connected at once. SO... it's really hard for me to get an accurate reading on my download speed. The best I got however was 10ms ping 75mbps download 2mbps upload. I'll see if I can get an image.

Maelstrom

Feb 25, 2012
Alabama
Did some new tests on different browsers (all within minutes of each other)

Firefox v 13
1822525878.png

Internet Explorer v 9
1822518124.png

Google Chrome v 17 (Note: Chrome was NOT automatically choosing the fastest server. It was choosing the closest server. All of the other browsers chose their server based on speed not distance.)
1822520533.png

(When I let Chrome choose it's own server it's speeds were considerably worse than the other browsers.)

Safari v 5

No image for Safari because the browser stopped loading web pages...

P.S. Safari is my most hated web browser ever...