Zotac 1070 mini for X-51 R2

hawkx

Needed advise from members on outfitting my x51 R2 with zotac 1070 mini card, i know its not a blower style design, as i don't want to go through the hassle of fan mods and clip cutting. I feel that the presence of front fan n good gpu design, the system should be able to handle the thermals; i maybe wrong here, thats why i opened up this thread. Im a casual gamer with sessions not lasting more than 1 - 2 hours....any member having experience on using the said card within their x51 R2s may apprise on their considered opinion/ experience.....thanks

hawkx

mods plz close the thread, ended up buyin a zotac 1060 mini.....

aldkiwi

I'd be interested in knowing how the card went. No problems fitting it into the case? Heat ok?

hawkx

No issues, everything seems to be working fine, as it should, the card is virtually silent, games running buttery smooth, but thanks God, i didnt go 4 the 1070 mini option, as the card wont have fitted within the enclosure, since its approx 4.8 inches long and the connector would have needed a case mod to fit in, no thermal issues as well, cant predict about the future, am gaming on a 2k screen, dell u3014....hope it helps....

aldkiwi

Cheers, thanks for the update. I'm weighing up 1060 options for Christmas so good to another another to think about.

berzerk428

are you using msi afterburner? If so, what are the max. temperatures you are getting?

Ravgov

are you using msi afterburner? If so, what are the max. temperatures you are getting?

Hello all,

New member here. JUST WANTED TO SHARE MY EXPERIENCE WITH U.

I upgraded my r2 from gtx 745 to gtx1060 6gb evga 6161 KR. The card fits perfectly, actually its very smaller than the actual available space (the plastic hook though dont fit but its not needed). It works fine up to now.

I run ROTR in very hight settings, triple buffering, and SMAA antialising with about 40 - 58 frames. The temperature after 2 hours of play reaches 82C but does not cross over 82C at any time (with evga precision custom fan curve on). According to evga support (I asked them) this is perfectly normal for ROTR as it is a very demanding game.

For better airflow (and watt efficiency / 330W brick upgrade) I also removed the dvd and replaced the HDD 1T with a nice SSD 480.

:)

-Im moving this to the GTX 1060 thread as more relevant.

Last edited: